We offer unique and ever changing coffee from Melbourne roasters Padre.
Our current cafe capacity is 15 people seated inside as we practice social distancing. We appreciate bookings during this time.
The Proprietor shop at 459 Townsend Street is one of the oldest buildings of Albury, with its original foundations being laid pre 1890. It started its life as a saddler and was later converted to a butchers shop. It has a large cellar underneath that was used to store meat before the days of refrigeration.
It has undergone many facelifts during its life but the renovations we have completed mark one of the biggest changes it has seen. We have endeavored to fit out the shop using as many recycled materials and equipment as possible while not forgetting function, style and ambiance. We have also made most of the furniture and fittings by hand. We focus on the really important details that make eating out a pleasure!
Our food is both familiar and unique; we source our ingredients from the backyards and paddocks of local gardeners and farmers, ensuring true seasonality and locality. We serve one menu all day with a variety of dishes that can be eaten as breakfast, brunch or lunch. During the current government legislations, we have condensed our menu. This menu is temporary and we look forward to returning to normal in the near future.
Our shop is located at 459 Townsend Street, Albury NSW.
We are open Tuesday-Friday 7:00-4:00 & Saturday/Sunday 8:00-4:00
Interested in getting in contact with us? (02) 60411519 or use our message box don't forget to leave your phone number
- RT @adamliaw: If one thing is true in food it is that almost every cuisine in the world has been drastically overcooking everything for abo… 4 years 5 months ago
- RT @pianopiano3678: We love this local farmers choice of tarps to keep their hay dry https://t.co/c0FpOye9n0 4 years 6 months ago
- RT @theprovenance: Still looking for that elusive sous chef. If creative cooking, great work environment & good work/life balance is import… 4 years 6 months ago
- RT @Brendan_Kearns: #aceofspades https://t.co/UvUWUh7Yuw 4 years 6 months ago
- RT @theprovenance: Love this photo from @pianopianowines. Sums up the day perfectly. https://t.co/Zcsg3CgSWi https://t.co/shmXZASBnj 4 years 7 months ago